The New Mexico Committee of the National Museum of Women in the Arts is one of numerous national and international committees that support the mission of the Museum in Washington, DC. The Museum brings recognition to the achievements of women artists of all periods and nationalities by exhibiting, preserving, acquiring, and researching art by women and by teaching the public about their accomplishments.
To fulfill its mission, the Museum:
• Preserves and displays a collection of 4,500 objects
• Presents 10 world-class exhibitions of women artists each year
• Maintains an 18,500-volume library and research center
• Publishes art history books and a triannual magazine
• Programs top quality concerts, films, staged readings and other performing arts events
• Offers education curricula and programs for learners of all ages
• Sponsors 20 national and international committees who advocate for women artists at the local, regional, and international levels
The New Mexico Committee assists in this mission by planning local events and programs to highlight the Museum's exhibitions, collections, and activities and to support New Mexico women artists.